This website is owned and operated by the River Run Home Owners Association in Spokane, Washington. River Run is a residential community of over 170 homes near the Spokane River and located approximately three miles west of downtown Spokane.   The Spokane International Airport is 10 minutes away. River Run is located off Government Way and Ft. Wright Boulevard near Spokane Falls Community College. The purpose of this website is to provide information about the subdivision and its residents. The HOA board is committed to preserving homeowner equity and common assets.

Frequently Asked Questions
Basic information about our Homeowners Association

What is a Homeowners Association?

A Homeowners Association is a group of owners who wish to provide a communal basis for preserving, maintaining, and enhancing their homes and property and has three defining characteristics:

  • Membership in the Homeowners Association is mandatory and automatic for all owners.
  • The documents bind all owners to be governed by the Homeowners Association.
  • Mandatory lien-based economic assessments are levied on each owner in order to operate and maintain the Homeowners Association.

What is the assessment?

An assessment is the owner’s financial obligation to the Homeowners Association during a given period of time – in our case, the budgeted fiscal year.  The assessment is the owner’s share of the common expenses and is a binding legal obligation based on the governing documents.

Dues are currently $525.00 annually.  The yearly assessment is due by the 15th of January of each year and late thereafter.   Late fees will be charged if payment is not received by the end of the month.

What do my assessments cover?

  • Landscape maintenance of common areas and facilities
  • Water and electricity for the common areas
  • Liability insurance for the common areas
  • Miscellaneous maintenance of common areas
  • Property taxes for the common areas
  • Legal services
  • Corporate taxes for the Association
  • Management fees

What if I decide to rent my home?

Inform your tenant of the existence of the Homeowners Association and provide them a copy of the governing documents. They fall under the same rules as if they were the owners. Remember the property is under your ownership; therefore you are responsible for the actions of your tenants.  If a violation letter is sent to a tenant, the original letter will be sent to the owner.

What if I decide to sell my home?

Inform your real estate agent of the existence of the Homeowners Association and provide them a copy of the governing documents. You are also responsible for informing the new owner about the Homeowners Association, how it operates and what the individual resident’s responsibilities are.  Don’t forget to explain the assessment. We recommend this information be included in the listing. Also it is imperative that HOA is informed of the change in ownership.

Why do we have rules?

When a group of people, no matter what size, share property, rules must be set down for its use. These rules and their enforcement are essential to preserve property values in the community. The CC&Rs are important rules in your day-to-day living.  They are set up to make the sharing of property convenient and easy for you and all others involved, not to make life difficult. CC&Rs usually cover both use of shared property and use of individual residential properties. Associations must address violations to the CC&Rs quickly and firmly in order to be effective and to fulfill one of our main goals – to preserve property values.