The newly constituted Board and Officer positions are listed below:
- President, Carl Sohn, cell: 509-944-1423 carlsohn (at) gmail.com
- Vice President, Bob Bordonaro, cell: 509-869-1658
- Treasurer, Taryn Hutchins, cell: 951-9522
- Secretary, Kay Comstock-Farrell, cell: 509-750-1153
- At large, Hugh Imhof, cell: 509-280-1544 hugh.imhof (at) gmail.com
The CC&R Compliance and Architectural Committee consists of Dan Arch, Ed Murphy, and Stephanie Klein. Tim Murphy remains on the Architectural Committee in an advisory position.
The City of Spokane specifies snow removal requirements at its website:
Citizens and businesses must keep their sidewalks shoveled. The City is asking citizens to clear a 36-inch path to allow pedestrians to travel effectively, with a goal of completion by 9 a.m. after a snowfall. Citizens also are asked to clear a pedestrian path even if no sidewalk exists. It’s about being a good neighbor. By City ordinance, adjacent property owners are responsible for keeping the sidewalks clear and safe, and liability issues rest with the adjacent property owner, not the City. Seniors or disabled individuals who can’t maintain their own sidewalks can call 3-1-1 to get information on volunteer services.
New city plows will try to eliminate driveway berms, and here’s a tip—shovel to the right of your driveway when you’re looking at the street. That prevents plows from pushing snow you shoveled back into the driveway.
And, please, any snow blowing should not be aimed in the street! Cars parked on the street must be moved based on plow scheduling.
ALL BASKETBALL STANDARDS MUST BE REMOVED FROM CITY STREETS!!
Our new Board member, Hugh Imhof, has compiled a short summary of several important CC&R’s. Here is a snippet:
- The Homeowner’s Association is managed by an elected, volunteer Board.
- Property owners are assessed annual dues that are set by the Board to pay for maintenance and other administrative expenses.
- There are specific guidelines that pertain to additional structures and maintenance of all properties in River Run. Any architectural questions/approval should be directed to the Architectural Control Committee.
- A home office is permitted, but no commercial business that brings customers to the property is allowed.
- Renting your home is not prohibited, but please make sure your tenants are aware of and follow all pertinent CC&R’s.
To Mark Nonnemacher for his tireless service as HOA president. Mark has stepped off the board after serving our community for seven years. We appreciate all you’ve done Mark!