Contact Information for HOA Questions or Concerns

Please contact  Ponderosa Community Management for HOA questions, covenant enforcement concerns, architectural compliance information, and anything relating to River Run community issues.  The HOA Board designated it as its new community association management company commencing on July 1, 2020.

Information about Ponderosa including the services it performs, covenant enforcement, the payment of annual HOA fees, and other particulars is available as a pdf file using this link.

Direct contact via email or telephone is available as follows:

telephone number:  509-279-2268.

HOA Board Changes

Our Annual Homeowner’s meeting on September 10 failed to achieve a quorum. In accordance with our Bylaws, we called another meeting within the specified time guidelines. This meeting was held in the park. The votes were cast and tallied, and we have two new Board members to replace Bob Bordonaro and Dan Arch. We all appreciate their years of service! Dale Colen and Lance Abernathy were elected for three-year terms. We welcome them to the Board! Here is your updated Board information:

  • President, Dale Colen
  • Vice President, Carl Sohn
  • Treasurer, Steven Heinje
  • Secretary, Kay Comstock-Farrell
  • At large, Lance Abernathy

Architectural Committee

The CC&R Compliance and Architectural Committee consists of Dan Arch, Lance Abernathy and Tim Murphy. The Board voted to expand the committee to five members, so we need volunteers willing to serve on this Committee. These positions are non-elected and there is no set length that you must serve.

All architectural and CC&R questions/ requests should be directed to Tim Murphy.

Any outside construction (patio covers, pergolas, gazebos, sheds, etc.) must have plans submitted and approved by the Architectural Committee before construction begins.

We have seen several homes being repainted and the Architectural Committee requests that any house or trim colors differing from the original color be approved beforehand, as outlined in the CC&R’s. (Earth tones, only.)

Reminder: Park Usage

We have done some checking regarding HOA liability regarding organized sports activities in our parks. All organized activities must be approved in advance to satisfy our insurance requirements. Please contact Dale Colen and allow plenty of time prior to the first event.


 Greenleaf has always provided River Run Residents with a 5% discount on mowing, irrigation and lawn application services. Their contact number is: 509-536-2885.

Due to the fact that Avista has an easement between the upper trail and the residents on Sandbrook, any planting off property must be approved in advance and current/prospective homeowners bear all maintenance and removal responsibilities.

General maintenance of street trees is the homeowner’s responsibility, but we are in the process of approving a bid from Greenleaf to prune, straighten or replace some street trees.

Basketball Hoops

Basketball hoops left on city streets are a violation of Spokane Municipal Code, Section 12.02.0737, “Obstruction of Public Right of Way.” Basketball hoops are not allowed on City streets at any time. A complaint to the City may be filed anonymously, but the complainant must have a view of the obstruction.

This is still the policy, but the City is exploring adjustments to it in the name of exercise promotion…

Political Yard Signs

Section 6.8 of the River Run By-laws prohibits the display of any type of sign in a homeowner’s yard (with the exception of for sale signs). However, Washington State RCW 64.38.034 has overruled any governing document restriction with regards to political signs. Governing documents may include restrictions regarding the number and size of political signs and how long they are displayed.

The Board agrees with Washington State Law. We also feel that this has not been an issue; it just needs some clarification to homeowners:

We request that homeowners follow reasonable standards in placement, size, quantity and duration when displaying political signs. The accepted practice is to display signs no more than 30 days prior to an election and taking them down promptly after election day.

Animal Issues

SCRAPS handles animal complaints, pet lost and found, pet licensing, etc. This is their website.

There is also a link to an online complaint form available on this site. SCRAPS telephone number is: 509-477-2532.

The CC&Rs allow off-leash, well-behaved dogs under voice control on the River Run trails, but the sidewalks are still under City of Spokane jurisdiction (leashes required). Please keep assertive/ aggressive dogs on leash at all times.

The CC&Rs specifically prohibit annoying or nuisance issues on anyone’s property. This includes excessive dog barking. Please be a conscientious dog owner/neighbor and be mindful of your dog’s barking.

In addition, there is a CC&R limit of no more than two usual and ordinary household pets.

Doggy Pots—We have contracted that the dog waste containers be emptied more frequently this winter.